Celluma LED Light Therapy
Naturally relieve pain, treat acne, and reduce signs of ageing through the power of light.
This relaxing, gentle and non-invasive treatment is clinically proven to treat a range of conditions, including acne and rosacea, inflammation, lines and wrinkles, and other conditions related to ageing. It has even been proven to reduce chronic pain and speed up wound healing.* Celluma LED light therapy is non-invasive, painless, requires no recovery time, and can be used on all skin types.
Celluma is actually a nice relaxing treatment too! Lay back, chill out and close your eyes! You can choose your own music (a lot of my clients bring their own headphones – this is a great time to do a guided meditation!) and enjoy half an hour of complete downtime – and if it’s chilly, we will even give you a fluffy blanket!
So what can Celluma LED light therapy do?
- Cell generation to replace old cells (mitosis) leading to a brighter, firmer appearance.
- Reduction and prevention of cell death (apoptosis) – for healthier younger looking skin.
- Neurogenesis (new neurons)
- Development of new capillaries (angiogenesis) – for better circulation to the skin
- Increased blood flow (see above!)
- Enhanced Nitric Oxide production – this helps reduce redness and inflammation in conditions including rosacea, and reduces pigmentation
- Skin rejuvenation and the reduction of wrinkles and fine lines
- Accelerated healing of chronic wounds. *
- General pain reduction including muscle, joint and arthritic pains.
There are two different main colours of light that we use to treat different skin conditions – red and blue. Red light is the colour mainly associated with increased fibroblast cell activity, which is responsible for increasing collagen synthesis for healing, repair and anti-ageing. Blue light emits clinically proven light wavelengths to naturally destroy acne-causing bacteria, reducing inflammation and improve skin tone, texture and clarity.
How often should I have Celluma therapy do?
This is a very easy treatment to add on to other treatments – but is very flexible and can be used as a standalone or combined treatment. In acute treatments, and as a standalone treatment, we would ideally treat twice a week for at least 6 weeks. However, any treatment result can be boosted with the addition of a Celluma treatment. For Microneedling treatments, this would be done after the treatment, whereas with chemical peels and facials, it would be done at the beginning. As an add-on to a treatment, it is just £35.
In some circumstances we can hire out the Celluma for home use – or it is possible to purchase one from us (please ask for more information). Please don’t accept cheaper imitations!
Celluma is multiply FDA-cleared with accompanying medical CE marks. Wound healing has not yet been FDA cleared.